To : Our Valued Business Partners
We are monitoring very closely the evolution of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis situation and the possible risks and impacts for people as well as business. The health and safety of our teams, of our teams’ families, of our business partners is our top priority. Allow me to share with you some of control measures that we have implemented in Bureau Veritas to protect the wellbeing of our people and by extension our business partners :
Requirements for travellers
- Bureau Veritas ban all the business travel (include transit) to outbreak countries/areas (as recommended by ISOS)
- Any private travel of employee (or family member) to outbreak countries/areas must be declared to company and be quarantine 14 days after returning.
Requirements for BV Premises
- Visitor health screening implemented at all offices/labs : temperature check, travel history declaration, hand sanitizer
- Clean all “high-touch” surfaces including all common or shared workstations daily.
- Engage professional party to disinfect the affected workplace/area if the person is identified as confirmed Covid-19 case.
Requirements for BV employee
- Follow social distancing measures and avoid public meetings, events and gathering.
- Observe good personal hygiene and bring along surgical mask and hand sanitizer to be used when needed.
- Monitor your temperature twice a day
- Practice coughing and sneezing etiquette – cover your mouth and nose with tissue when coughing/sneezing.
- Any unwell employee with Covid-19 symptoms must stay at home and consult a doctor. Manager and QHSE shall be notified immediately.
Requirements for Business Continuity Plan
- Implement the policy for flexible worksite (e.g. working from home) ,flexible work hours (e.g. staggered shifts) and team segregation .
- Prepare to support and promote alternative solution to client in case travel restriction/operation disruption (eg : remote inspection, conduct testing using lab in alternate locations, etc …)
- Inform business partners of alternative procedures for pick-up / deliveries if required
- Consider preparing an additional pool of workers to undertake key tasks and provide training where appropriate
- Pre-qualify alternative suppliers. If no alternative supplier is available, increase inventory levels.
We thank you for your kind understanding and support during this crisis period.