The extended life expectancy of hard goods and the use of toys by small children make these products subject to particularly stringent regulations. We help you verify your product’s compliance to meet consumer concerns.
MEETING COMPLEX AND CHANGING PRODUCT REGULATIONS
Because hard goods can remain in our lives for decades and toys are intended for small children, these items are held to particularly stringent quality standards and regulations. As a hard goods manufacturer or retailer, you need to comply with complex and changing regulations to avoid product recalls. As a toy manufacturer or retailer, you also need to validate your compliance to relevant regulations and quality standards, such as the EU Toy Directive and the US Consumer Product Safety Act (CPSIA).
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU
We provide services that help you to build quality and safety into your processes, enabling you to bring new products to market with confidence.
- Services for hard goods
We help you to manage risks, improve product quality, and reduce customer complaints relating to recalls and non-compliant products. Our services include the following:
- Standards, methodology, and test development that are accredited to worldwide standards
- Laboratory testing that is certified worldwide by the International Safe Transit Association
- Defective product analysis to identity the root cause of failure at various production stages
- Technical advice by specialists to better manage your quality programs
- Innovation advice by specialists to integrate smart technologies into hard goods, from luggage to watches
- Services for toys
- Product evaluations for design, construction, and safety
- Testing for safety and durability: This applies to safety use and abuse, destruction, comparison, chemical and electrical hazards, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), microbiology, toxicology, life/reliability, and flammability.
- Testing for chemicals: Our risk-based chemical management solution manages safety, quality, and cost.