Companies are increasingly required to demonstrate that they take a proactive approach to carbon footprint issue and social responsibility.
By putting carbon reduction at the center of their sustainability strategy, companies can provide a transparent, easy-to-communicate goal with specific, measurable parameters.
Bureau Veritas offers a wide range of certification and audit services to help you limiting carbon-intensive activities and ensure the efficient system is maintained.
CARBON CAPTURE & STORAGE
One third of the several gigatons of CO2 emissions come from power generation and processing industries. The processes of Carbon Capture & Storage (CCS), although potentially costly, are available now and can reduce the CO2 in the atmosphere substantially
Carbon is first captured, through separation from other gazes produced, using post-combustion, oxycombustion or pre-combustion technologies. The CO2 is transported by ship or pipelines from the capture site to the storage site. CO2 is then stored for hundreds of years into depleted oil & gas reservoirs, deep saline formations or coal beds, either onshore or offshore.
CARBON DISCLOSURE PROJECT
The Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), in existence since 2000, has become the gold standard for carbon disclosure methodology and process for corporations. It provides essential climate change data to the global market and the CDP’s online database is the largest registry of corporate Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions and corporate climate change strategies in the world. Many organizations in all major economies now measure and disclose their greenhouse gas emissions and climate change strategies through CDP in order to set reduction targets and make performance improvements. Independent verification is one of CDP’s key strategic aims and should become an integral part of global corporate carbon reporting in order for users to place the requisite level of trust in data which are essential for investment and other decision making purposes.
Key benefits of CARBON DISCLOSURE PROJECT
- Provide accurate and reliable carbon information for general disclosure purposes (CDP,corporate reporting, certification, other)
- Improve the effectiveness of internal carbon accounting and reporting systems
- A reliable platform for energy use assessment and reduction strategies
- Potential for integration of carbon disclosure verification with other third party services
- Meet the verification requirements of the CDP questionnaire to maximize disclosure performance, also enabling: consideration in the Carbon Disclosure Leaders Index (CDLI) and consideration in the Carbon Performance Leaders Index (CPLI)